Jeremy Sams Art Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tobacco Barn Painting en Plein Air

This is this morning's plein air painting. It's a 9x12 acrylic on canvas board.
Today's challenges:
  • I thought it was much warmer when I went out this morning, but it wasn't!
  • Frozen fingers make it very difficult to paint straight lines
  • Frozen ears and face is very annoying.
  • Finding the right composition was hard at this scene...of which I think this could've been much better.
Things I learned:
  • I painted the whole composition in first...no more "greyed out" color.
  • Shadow on rusty tin roofs can have brilliant color.
  • if cold or windy...bring gloves and toboggan
The jpg. of this painting looks much more purple than the original, I'll need to get a better digital pic next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment