Red Barn in the Morning
18x24 acrylic on canvas
The painting above is the final product of an acrylic landscape demonstration that I gave Feb. 17th. at the Waterworks Visual Arts Center, in Salisbury, NC.
The picture below shows the painting at the end of the 1.5 hr. painting demo.
When I got back home, I made quite a few changes to the final painting. Here's a list of corrections I made:
- reworked the sky to be more of a warmer morning feel rather than the overcast look (the pics here may not show the truest color of the actual painting).
- broke up the tree formation on the mountain tops to get rid of "the big bird" look.
- minimized the window on the barn
- added some rust on the roof
- adjusted the background trees going into the valley
- detailed the foreground grass with more variety of mass, textures, values, and temperature changes (cool shadows, warm midtones and high-lights)
- added a farmer walking toward the barn, to help give it some life.
Here's a video that fellow acrylic artist, Rex White made for me during the demonstration:
Thanks to Plein air Carolina and Waterworks Visual Arts Center in Salisbury, NC for allowing me the opportunity to demonstrate. Thanks also to Rex White for taking his time and tech-saviness to make the video.
Contact me if you're interested in purchasing the painting.