Jeremy Sams Art Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Progression of a Painting part 1

I had an idea a while back for a painting that I would love to make prints of. I've seen several images of Jesus as the Good Shepherd going after the one lost sheep. Most of these images portray a healthy looking sheep climbing up a cliff toward the Shepherd. I have a little problem with that because it's not so biblical.
Not biblical? No, I don't think so. The artists "possibly" or unwittingly portrayed a sheep who was as interested in saving himself as the Shepherd was to save them. The sheep is climbing his way toward the Shepherd as if to help himself up to Him...this is semi-Pelagianism or full blown Pelagianism at its finest.

So, here's my idea...portray a sheep who is absolutely ruined and incapable of even "attempting" to help himself. If the sheep will be saved, it's strictly by the initiative, efforts, and fulfillment of the Shepherd alone. Stay tuned for more as it progresses.
visit http://www.jeremysams.com/ for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment