Jeremy Sams Art Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pleasantly Surprised

Last night was totally not what I had expected. Last week, I was invited to attend the Randolph Co. Tea Party meeting that was held at "The Exchange" in Asheboro, NC. My brother and I decided to go, not having a clue what to expect. I had envisioned a big group of white supremist redneck guys and gals driving jacked up trucks, carrying a bible in one hand, gun in their pockets, mouth full of chaw, while spitting, cussing, and quoting "Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD" all at the same time. However, I was pleasantly surprised.

Where did I get this crazy concept from? Hmmm...could it be a biased media? Maybe. Or maybe, I just have a vivid imagination. What I saw and heard were people just like me, my neighbors, my church family and friends. They were just concerned citizens with a desire to give the power back to the people. Was it a shouting, cussing, fist pumping, rebellious mob? No, not at all. It was a very well organised assembly of intelligent, polite, diversity of people from all over Randolph Co. They even opened with prayer (gasp!) in Jesus name (double gasp!). And, I say halelujah to that.

The speakers were very knowledgable and inspiring. Did I understand everything that was going on and being said? Honestly, no, I'm not as politically savvy as I should be. But, it was not so far above a lay-person's head that one would be totally clueless. If nothing else, it does give you inspiration to learn more so you can do more. I'm thinking I need to paint a patriotic painting to inspire people to turn back to God, and take control of their country. Isn't it amazing that ordinary people can do extraordinary things?

Visit the Randolph County Tea Party site. or, visit Jeremy's website to see his art.

No comments:

Post a Comment