Jeremy Sams Art Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Hollybrook Stables and Plein Air Carolina


The Lone Ranger
8x10 acrylic on masonite en plein air

I'd like to give a special thanks to Mrs. Joyce Metters for inviting Plein Air Carolina to come out and paint at her beautiful horse farm near Lexington, NC. Also, a special thanks to Plein Air Carolina for inviting me to come. It was a beautiful day and there was plenty of subject matter to capture.

Here's the scene I chose...of course, the shadows are totally different than when I began the painting. I also removed some of the fence posts I had painted in. I love my homemade pochade box, by the way.


Below are some of the other talented artists I had the privilege of painting with today...

Mrs. Joyce Metters

Mrs. Norma Owen

Mr. Rex White...view his blog.

Mrs. Sharon Forthofer...view her website.

Mrs. Rachel Lee also attended, but I wasn't quick enough to get her photo...maybe next time! You can view her website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment