Jeremy Sams Art Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Winter Landscape


I figured I should post this snow scene quickly since it's 70 some degrees outside this February day. This is a painting I started a couple of weeks ago, but I've just found time to actually complete it. I don't have a title for this 16x20 original acrylic on canvas painting, as of yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Below are some pictures of its progression.


I started with a burnt sienna under-painting which you can see above. I then began blocking in the major color areas to get my composition right.

After blocking in the major color areas, I began detailing the painting working my way from the background to the foreground. I kept the shadows very cool trying to convey a sunny, yet cold, winter day. This painting gives me a craving for oyster stew for some reason. Visit my website to see more paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment