This is this morning's plein air painting. It's a 9x12 acrylic on canvas board.
- I thought it was much warmer when I went out this morning, but it wasn't!
- Frozen fingers make it very difficult to paint straight lines
- Frozen ears and face is very annoying.
- Finding the right composition was hard at this scene...of which I think this could've been much better.
Things I learned:
- I painted the whole composition in first...no more "greyed out" color.
- Shadow on rusty tin roofs can have brilliant color.
- if cold or windy...bring gloves and toboggan